What is the history of Allopathy or Allopathic Medicines?
Allopathic is derived from the Greek words “allos” which means “opposite”, and “pathos” means “to suffer.” Allopathy or Allopathic medicine, a health system or medicine is based on science, where a license is provided to the healthcare professional, medical doctor, nurse, pharmacist to practice and treat the diseases and symptoms.
The usage of the term varies according to the region. Samuel Hahnemann invented the term in 1890, who is an inventor of Homeopathy.
Allopathic medicine term is used for mainstream and modern medicine. It is mostly used by Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM).
The other names used are the following:
- Western Medicine
- Mainstream Medicine
- Conventional Medicine
- Orthodox Medicine
In fact, The treatment utilizing Allopathic medicine can be done through medication, radiation, surgery, therapies, or other procedures.
What are the distinct ways to deliver Allopathic Medicines to the human body?
Medicines are not limited to pills. There are different ways to deliver Allopathic medication to the human body, which are the following:
- Tablets or capsules: Sublingual medicines that blood vessels absorb and enter the bloodstream
- Vaccine or Injection
- Intravenous (IV) Medicines: Inserted into the vein
- Liquids to swallow
- Inhalers for asthma or nasal sprays
- Drops for eyes or ears
- Patches: Transdermal patches to stock to the skin
- Ointment, cream, or gels rubbed on the skin
Do Allopathic Medicines have side effects?
Side effects of Allopathic Medicine occur due to the conditions caused during treatment.
Also, The impact of side effects can be mild to severe, and in a few cases, can be a life’s risk. Any medicine can have side effects on the human body.
The cause of side effects can be due to the dosage, reaction to a medication, damaging healthy cells along with unwanted cells, or interactions between the medicines taken by an individual.
The common side effects of Allopathy medicines are the following:
- Allergy or skin rash
- Drowsiness or Dizziness
- Dry Mouth
Although, Severe side effects from Allopathic Medicines can cause internal bleeding, abnormal heart rhythms, cancer, etc. in some individuals.
It is recommended to contact your doctor as soon as you experience common or severe side effects.
How does Allopathic Medicine work as a Preventive Measure?
Allopathic medicines av are different than it was during 1800s.
Although, The treatment through allopathic medicines can done by treating any disease, illness, and infections using prescription medicines.
Allopathic medicines can be use in the following ways to prevent you from illness and diseases:
- Vaccination: Prevent severe diseases among infants, children, and adults
- Pre-diabetes medications: Preventive care helps prevent diabetes
- Antibiotics: Prevents from a wound, deep cuts, or post-surgery infections
- Blood Pressure medications: Prevents from severe conditions like cardiac diseases and heart stroke.
What are the necessary recommendations for taking Allopathic medicine?
While going through medications for an illness, disease, infection, etc., it is necessary to take care of following preventive measures:
- Share the complete medical details with your doctor
- Pregnancy details should be given to the doctor while consulting for other illness
- Check expiry date of the medicine before taking
- Take your medicines as prescribed by the doctor
- Talk to your doctor if any side effect experienced
- Follow directions after reading the label of medicines
- Make sure if you can drive after taking medicine
- Also, Avoid overtaking medicine without consulting your doctor
- Avoid alcohol while on medications as it can result in adverse effects
- Take your medicines for the period prescribed by your doctor
- Also, Avoid keeping your medicines in a heated or humid area.
Can we take both Allopathic & Homeopathic Medicines simultaneously?
Allopathic medicines and Homeopathic Medicines do not interact.
In fact, Homeopathic medicines make your body heal with its natural ability and target your immune system, and do not have a direct chemical action like Allopathic medicines.
Hence, it is safe to take Allopathic and Homeopathic medicines together.
However, there is advice to limit the intake of both together, as Allopathic Medicines have toxic effects on the human body.
In fact, Allopathic Medicines are the most effective way available to treat any illness and disease.
Always consult your doctor or medical practitioner before taking any medicine.